Climate Beneficial Items
New wearables made of climate beneficial wool, organic cotton, and our own Chico Flax wool and cotton blends.
Believing in regenerative agriculture and processing systems, Sandy is co-owner of Chico Flax and actively involved in every step of the process of making linen blend yarns that she uses in all of her new items. She collaborates with local community members, farmers, fellow artisans and institutions to grow, harvest and process flax into linen blended-yarns and woven items.
- Bare Ranch-Lani Estil – Eaglesville ,CA – Wool
- Chico Flax- Chico Flax LLC – Chico, CA- Linen
- Vreseis LTD- Sally Fox- Capay Valley,CA-Cotton
- Carol Lee Shanks Designs – Berkeley, CA – All garments
- Mendocino Wool & Fiber Inc – Ukiah, CA- Mill
- Mountain Meadow Wool Mill, Buffalo, WY
- CSU, Chico, Center for Regenerative Agriculture & Resilient Systems
Hand and Bath Towels
My towels are made with Linen and cotton blends. Machine washable in either natural dyes of color from my large variety of cotton and linen yarn stock. All items are available by contacting me for prices and sizes.
Handbags & Totes
Truly a sustainable item. Made of my own hand woven scraps, sewn together to create the whole these totes can become the one you will use to hold your groceries, books for the book club and or knitting yarns for the on the go person. Fully lined with sturdy 100% cotton canvas. Each tote is a one-of-a-kind hand dyed piece. Can do custom colors for an additional $20.00.
I am currently working on bags that have more recycled parts! Using bicycle tubes/tires and banners from bike shops these messenger bags are very unique.
- Size 19″ wide by 13″ deep. Cost = $75.00 each
- Please contact me to order.
Table Runners & Place Mats
These are my signature pieces placemats and table runners woven with a linen warp and weft of blended cottons and paper! Yes, these placemats/table runners have paper woven in them. You might ask how can that hold up? The paper I use has a large fiber content, when woven into the piece becomes very strong. Each placemat can handle a hand wash with a gentle spin cycle.
- The placemats measure 16”x19” and the table runners are 18×72″, 18×96″ or 18×103″.
- They come in three colors, Gold/black, Avocado, and Cream/Natural.
- Please contact me for current prices as they do vary.
- Custom colors and sizes are available upon request.
My latest passion is to create woven pieces of art! I have been creating functional art for over 30 years. This direction is exciting for me as I can push the envelope on the woven structure while it is on the loom and then recreate it into something else. I think the pieces speak for themselves. If you are interested in having me work up a wall piece I suggest that I see a picture of the place where it will go, a knowledge of the colors and the type of materials that would suit the environment of which it is placed and the lighting be it natural or from some source. Each wall piece is a one of a kind.
- Please contact me to discuss a custom wall piece.