Classes are held at my studio in Chico, CA and at the Flax Farm.
Looms, Yarns and Weaving supplies are provided in all of the classes and workshops. A deposit of 1/2 is required before class, this will also reserve your place in the class or workshop.
I am also offering loom rental when there are no workshops or classes in session and as always private instruction available as needed.
Double Weave Technique – March 2023
This Class will help to unlock the mystery of Double Weave. Students will learn how to weave two layers to make one piece, bring top layer to bottom layer, woven pockets and color play plus a whole lot more.
- Saturday, March 25 , 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, March 26, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Monday, March 27, 11:00 am – 2: 00 pm
- Tuesday, March 28, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 29, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Class is open for 5 students. COST $450.00
Beginning Weaving Classes – April and August 2023
This class is for the beginner weaver who has never tried out a loom or a great review for someone who would like a refresher course.
Each student will create a Twill Sampler on a four harness loom. The sampler when finished will show over 50 different variations of twill patterns in one setup. Using black and white yarn the sampler becomes a valuable study for future reference.
During the class the students will learn to:
- Measure yarns, calculating how much yarn will be needed for projects, figure out the threads per inch and other formulas.
- Read a pattern draft and learn to create one.
- Set up loom, thread the loom and connect the peddles.
- Learn techniques on how to weave once project is on the loom
- Finishing techniques once a piece is woven.
Class is open to 5 students. Cost $400.00
April Weekday Classes
- Saturday, April 29, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- Sunday, April 30, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- Monday, May 1, 10:00am-3:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 2, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 3, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
August Weekday Classes
- Saturday, Aug 19, 10:00am-3:00pm
- Sunday, Aug 20, 10:00am-3:00pm
- Monday, Aug 21, 10:00 am-3:00pm
- Tuesday, Aug 22, 10:00 am-3:00pm
- Wednesday, Aug 23, 10:00am- 3:00pm
Flax Processing Workshop – Saturday, May 6 2023
Our one day workshop this year this be held at the Fibershed learning Center in Point Reyes Station, Ca. More information and to sign up, go to this link:
- Saturday, May 6, 10:00 am -4:00 pm
Limited to 15. Cost $275.00
Block Weaves – May 2023
This class will cover basics of block weaves, how it works and how one pattern works in various weave structures. We will also learn how to read drafts through tie up and treadling. We will all design our own pattern which will be woven in class.
- Saturday, May 20, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, May 21, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Monday, May 22, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 23, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 24, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Class is open for 5 students. COST $450.00.
Intro to Natural Dyes Workshop – July 2023
This one day workshop to be held at the Flax farm This workshop will go over how to mordant your yarns in both plant and animal fibers. A variety of plant materials will be prepared to dye yarns. Seeing the effects of adding modifiers to the dye will be explored. Special this year everyone in this workshop will explore some of Sandy’s home grown Madder which has been growing for three years in her garden.
- Saturday July 15, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Class is limited to 12 students. Cost $150.00